View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #105
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
As much as we here want a medium blue the numbers don't lie to what have sold and is popular in all honesty how many blue cars do u see on the road compared to other colors? I don't see that many while driving around. Do I think they should offer one yes to be competitive with the chally and mustang which have blues but they don't see the business case for it.
The answer to this is simple really. Offer a true medium blue again and the blue fans will buy. Scott tried to say how aqua blue on the 5th gen was a medium blue, when in fact it looked medium blue in "some" light. It mostly looked green or greenish. As a huge fan of medium blues, I dont want that. Thats been GM's problem with the Blue shades, its rarely pure blue. It always seems to be a blue that looks to green or to purple. They have these amazing blues like jetstream, electron, lemans, arrival, laguna and opulant and always give the Camaro the shaft. Bright blue metallic(same as nassau blue from the c5 Vette) from 99 was the last proper medium blue offered, and it was doomed from the start. The color samples from the brochure swatches did not represent the color AT ALL, GM took no real pictures of it to show what it looked like and the dealers never ordered it. So as you guessed it, it barely sold.

I thought they were going to redeem with Kinetic Blue, but hey, of course you can only get that with the full on Hot Wheels edition.

The one good thing here, I do thing the new Camaro will get opulant blue as the CTS and ATS have it. Its imo a pretty sweet color. Not as perfect as laguna from the c7, but sweet non the less.