View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #13
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
I think they are playing their cards wisely, look at Ford, has no idea what GM has up its sleeve so its throwing all their chips on the table with the GT350 Reveal at LA, and now the GT350R, GT, and Raptor rumored to be released at Detroit.
So to be clear, the GT350 isn't even available until next fall. Ford needed something to go along with the Mustang to go, "see we have a track car too". And by all we can determine from content, it will likely be short of the Z/28 simply for tires and brakes. So to beat the Z/28 will require this "R" package which supposedly does get the CC brakes. Kudos as Ford will likely undercut the Z/28 in price, but not likely the 1LE simply for the cost of the engine.

GT? No big deal here unless Ford can get the price under $100,000, then it something. And again as there are no spy shots of cars running around Ford is either keeping it the biggest secret of all time or it's at least 2 years out.

Raptor? Not my cup of tea. And hopefully they fix the bendable frame. Likely this is simply the aluminum F150 set up for Raptor. The lower weight could be nice, but to do the off road thing will likely just add weight back in. Maybe they give it the GT350 engine???? This is probably the closest to production even likely ahead of the GT350.

So I'm not concerned. I'm more worried about an LT2 powered competitor to the GT350 and 350R. I'm not worried about the Gen6 SS vs. Mustang GT nor am I worried about the LT4 powered Gen 6 ZL1. Covered on both accounts. Just wondering if GM has a NA counterpunch to the GT350...................which will likely launch just after the GT350 LOL