View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #76
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
No, the whole point is making the Camaro as good as it can be, not fiddling around trying to make it an all-around car, or trying to impress some dillweed who opposes V8's for "ethical reasons".

I'm sure there are people who'd like a station-wagon variant also, and probably another group that would love a Camaro pick-up. Should Chevy build their car too? After all, no one is forced to buy any particular variation, so car makers should manufacture every dumbass idea that crosses their mind. What could go wrong?

A 4 cylinder isn't needed or wanted. God only knows why you clowns keep zealously attacking anyone who points that out.
Whos doing the attacking?? I don't see attacking from the ones simply trying to point out why a T4 could be a good thing, or from those who try to point out that a T4 can actually be fun to drive.

Anyways...the comment is laughable at best. The point is making the Camaro "as good as it can be"....and your right. So WTH does adding a T4 to the line-up do to threaten that? I see absolutely no reason whatsoever why the next gen Camaro on Alpha with the LT1 V8 won't easily surpass the current car in performance...straight line and in the twisties. You seem to think that adding a 4-cylinder is somehow going to affect the performance of the V8 version....like GM is just going to somehow "water down" the name altogether.

"Well, they are adding a 4 cylinder. Guess Chevy just doesn't care about real enthusiasts anymore." Thats what you seem to be saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
His point is that you can't compare a heavily modded turbo 4 to a stock V8 in one sentence ("almost L99 power") and then tell the man he can't bring up the fact that the V8 has a warranty in the next sentence.

If you want L99 power, then get an L99 and a free warranty with it.
I don't think you got my point either. I said it before...I'll say it again. I posted that simply to show what could be done simply with a tune and nothing else. A real car guy might see those numbers and go "dang thats pretty good!" A close-minded person goes "well...A V8 will do that and still have a warranty". Don't make it out to be more than what it is. I did not try to imply that someone should just buy the T4, tune it, and be done instead of buying a V8.

Again, yes the warranty will be toast. Well big surprise there. How many of us here don't mod at all? If you are moding, you are risking your warranty. Nuff said.

Holy cow...I can't wait to see how mad some of you go when this car with the T4 is actually released.