View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 02:41 PM   #1
RacerX78

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
POLL: 305/30 Square AutoX/Track Only Setup on 19" or 20"?

So one of my primary intentions with my purchase of the 1LE was to use it for HPDE and AutoX. To do this properly I plan on getting a dedicated set of racing tires and rims. I'd like to do a square setup for a few different reason, including the fact that there are more options for tires when you are only shopping for one size, and tires will last longer because of rotation.

I've looked at seanblurr tread "Mounted: 19x10.5/11 305 square MRR track wheels on 1LE" and i know that is a workable option. I also know Summit1le1ss' Tread "1LE square setup" has a lot of opinions thrown around but no real consensus.

What i'd like to know if the MRR FS01 would work up front, in the following configurations with no other modifications to the car or suspension components.
  • 305/30/20 with a 20"x11"(or 10.5") +18. This would be 8 mm (0.3'') closer to suspension/brakes components, will stick out 12 mm (0.5'') farther & will fill out the wheelwell by extra 6 mm (.24").
  • 305/30/19 with a 19"x11"(or 10.5") +18. This would be 8 mm (0.3'') closer to suspension/brakes components, will stick out 12 mm (0.5'') farther & will leaves even more wheelwell room than OEM.
The first option gives me more tire options and is doesn't change OEM gearing ratios. I know room is tight next to the front strut tower but its only .3" closer, and sticks out only .5". Seanblurr's setup is .2" closer to the suspension, sticks out .6" and .5" shorter than stock. So its very close. My concern with this setup is its proximity to the shock mount. I don't know how much space i have, but I know its not much.

The second option gives you more room from the suspension at the cost of some gearing and tire selection. I'm okay with that if fitment is better/safer.

I'm trying to keep the setup as close to stock as possible, as i need both suspension and fender clearance for tight bumpy courses.
RacerX78 is offline   Reply With Quote