View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #74
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
I'm surprised at everyone hating on the 4-cylinder here...I mean, did you really think that GM wasn't going to add one for the 6th gen? Ford did it and GM has to respond...if they introduce a line-up with only the V6 and V8, then C&D, MT, and other outlets would jump all over GM for not having a more fuel-economic engine as an option. And it also allows for more high-end power in the Camaro, since it will raise the average MPG for the Camaro with the impending CAFE regulations. And so what if GM is adding it as an option? It's not like they're forcing everyone to buy a 4-cylinder...

We have enough in-fighting on this forum between the V8 and V6 crews, I'd really not like to see it get worse with the I4 crew coming in.

Onto other topics:

Someone mentioned the order of the engines before; I don't know if that necessarily has any correlation to their power. I just read them as increasing in number of cylinders/displacement: I4, V6, V8, SCV8. I wouldn't read into it too much as there's a chance Chevy will go the same route as Ford. We'll wait and see.

My big thing from this is that the freakin' LT4 is apparently in the 2016 line-up! I was expecting the LT1 SS to be top-dog for a year before introducing a ZL1 successor. Now we get the chance to see a 650 HP, 650 lb-ft monster of a Camaro!