View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #85
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

The blind spots don't exist if you adjust the mirrors properly...And the parts of the car that make it look so awesome contribute to that visibility thing: you can't have one without loosing the other.

To be fair -- pull into an angled parking spot then attempt to back out and tell me the blind spots don't exist. No matter how much you adjust your mirrors, you are 100% blind when you back out of an angled parking spot. Period.

OK - Unless you're a contortionist.

Or have a 3 foot long neck.

Or can see through metal.

Or installed your own mirrors.

Or installed your own side-view camera system.

Otherwise, you're blind as a bat. I can't tell you how many times I've had to back out of spot thinking "Well, I hope no one is coming... and if they are, I hope they're quick to toot the horn."

I just hope it doesn't have such a high belt line. The side windows are way too small in height. With no t-tops, the 5th gen hard top will always be a second choice cruiser with my '94 Camaro being first choice. "Cruising" on a warm weather summer day with the portholes-passing-for-windows is absolutely no comparison to being able to pop t-tops off in my 4th gen and REALLY cruise. Sadly, unless they went with a targa top I don't think I'll ever be able to own a hardtop Camaro again - convertible versions only moving forward.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote