View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 11:17 PM   #19
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Murda View Post
the reason i even mentioned HP is because lets face it if we are going to weigh more than the competition then we will need more! the 6th gen may be losing weight but honestly i dont believe it will be much when the car is produced. yes im all for handling and braking but these cars were MUSCLE cars meaning they were meant to run the 1/4. i KNOW GM went a different route with the 5th gen making it more comfortable and more of an autox car and yes the sales have been on top of Mustang since introduction but us die hard Camaro fans who know the cars roots want a car that will do the 1/4 and smoke the GT500 like it used to back in the day! the car is already awesome on road courses now lets lose some weight and up the ponies and get it to rape the competition at the strip! if GM can make this car come out on top in all categories IMAGINE the sales! and the bragging rights!!!
Even the 2014 V6 CTS VSport Premium versus the 2013 CTS Premium V6 saved 200lbs, and that's with twin turbos and an 8 speed automatic. The Camaro will weight the same as the Mustang and have more power. The Challenger isn't even a threat to either of them - at 707hp the Hellcat weighs a whopping 4400lbs+ and barely outruns the ZL1 in the 1/8 mile. Huge horsepower numbers are a moot point and just for bragging rights - no one actually cares because anyone that really wants a fast car is going to make it fast. Beyond that, the 2015 Mustang GT doesn't even have a legitimately improved 5.0. The LT1 sits at a comfortable 460/470, and that's going to be with the 7 speed manual and 8 speed automatic in the Camaro SS. Ford won't know what happened. And the HellStang is just a myth right now. Dodge will probably not bring anything to the table with the revived Barracuda anyway. The 6th gen Camaro will be ridiculous.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote