View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #141
crangie

Drives: Camaro ZL1 #641
Lots of potential even with the 4 cylinder turbo. Pfadt has some nice packages for the ATS. Its just a matter of time another tuner offers the same package.

Below infos of another forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ATS- View Post
Hey everyone,

I just installed a Pfadt P50 upgrade from Pfadt Racing, its a Pfadt turbo kit.

I bought a tune before from another vender, and although it was the tune at the time to buy, what I wanted for power output no tune could give me.

Coming from a C5 corvette with a heads and cam package, anything else just felt slow.

But when you have a family and a real job that wants to see you in a suit and tie every day of the week, my beloved corvette just did not have enough door or seats, and I wanted something that still handles well but is still fast enough, so I bought my ATS.

Driving an ATS turbo with a tune did feel quite zippy, but really something double and triple power is what I wanted and still comfortable.

The Pfadt Racing P50 upgrade:

It sounds like something AMG would build for Cadillac, and indeed it does impress; the upgrade package includes a turbocharger upgrade, complete with all piping and so on. The install took me about eight hours or so in my driveway, with mostly basic hand tools and a jack, and taking the front bumper off really took up far more time than it needed. I also bought a Pfadt intercooler to go along with the upgraded turbo kit.

When I ordered the P50 package from Pfadt, the Pfadt guys were pretty nice to deal with and definitely very professional and really know what they're talking about.

Their fastest ATS in the world video kinda helped sell me the kit too.

Coming from the corvette world I've seen their suspension pieces and their headers which are a ****ing work of art down to the last detail. That and their Made in the USA commitment speaks to me as well. /offtopic

I would like to state for the record that had what I received was even the slightest bit wrong, I'm the type of person to bash them into the ****ing ground and I will keep it up. But what was inside the box that Tim the UPS guy dropped off on my porch really impressed me in fit and finish, and after spending five hours in my driveway and a cold 12 pack its done and I really like what I saw as the what Pfadt had sent me.

Here's a video showing the dyno and the dyno graph is here as well.

The car was run on the dyno strapped down and two back to back runs were done and then off it went.

Air temps were 103F in the dyno room and those *****s did not wanna turn on the AC for some reason, or they had no AC, don't know.

Car was completely stock before installing the P50 upgrade and it has an auto slushbox so the wife can drive the car too. I uninstalled the other tune prior to doing the install bacause I did not want problems from the dealer when I went in the week before so I could get service bulletin 13198 done for my AC.

Peak HP output was about 440 WHP which ain't bad but definitely could be better. Stock dynod at around 220 WHP which means I about doubled the power, and this was done on pump gas. A/F was dead even at 11.3:1 on every run, from a wideband with wires run into the car.

I don't know about anyone else, but vs tune only this is a world apart of difference, and lets just say that "on a private closed road wait I meant airport runway in mexico",

I smoked an E92 M3 and an E60 M5 was dead even with me until we had to back off because of ahem moving obstructions on the cough runway.

crangie is offline   Reply With Quote