View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Murda View Post
with the new Challenger SRT Hellcat and the rumored 750hp -3500lbs 2016 Gt500, are we EVER going to get a Camaro that can beat these cars?? i know GMs flagship is the Corvette but why does the Camaro now have to be behind the pack of cars that are in its class? as much as i love them, i WONT buy a new one until they produce a Camaro that can finally shut up all the Ford boys out there...
First off.....LOL that a 750HP 3,500 lb GT500 will ever exist. Not going to happen. I'm not saying Ford can't do 750HP, but it won't weigh less 200 lbs less than the base GT....it would take such engineering and expensive light weight materials that suddenly the Z/28 would seem cheap in comparison.

Next, 707 HP is cool, and impressive, and I'm not hating on the Dodge, but I could care less if the Camaro ever gets close to that number and I think most would agree.

Its just wrong that you say you won't buy any Camaro until Chevy produces one with more than 707HP. How does that help the cause at all? Thats just crazy son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
If by top dog you mean 708 hp I really doubt it. But as for overall performance and even sales Camaro remains top dog. A hp number doesn't change that IMO.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

Put the currently announced 650 HP Z06 engine in an Alpha based Camaro at well under 4,000 pounds and I'm fairly certain the Hellcat is just a Meankitty.

Sorry, but "the best car" doesn't mean "the highest HP number" for me.
Right again...the Z06 engine in an alpha chassis Camaro...and goodbye kitty cat with with less HP.