View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit1 View Post
Though I am a fan of the 3rd Gens....and this concept is amazingly interesting, It would be a complete step in the wrong direction for GM to use styling cues from this era. though this concept would make a killer body kit for the 3rd Gen . I look at the 5th Gen as a rebirth, And some times in redoing something you have to go back to the beginning. Remember not unlike the dinosaurs, Camaro had it's chance and died, we were lucky to see its revival, a phoenix from the ashes (Firebird reference there ). I agree with you that GM crushed it when they released the G5 Camaro and the C7 Vette, but I am sure when we finally see the G6 Camaro, it may have minor queues from its heritage (I like the DNA badgeing! subtle but there) but will go in a different direction, not rehash the demise of the Camaro again, which truly began around the mid to late 70's, though some may disagree. I think it lasted as long as it did more for heritage sake than true design and performance sake (though they did have a few diamonds here and there). All speculation of course...but I have faith. Now that the new Mustang has been revealed...I truly have no worries for the G6!!
I'm with you I don't think the 3rd gen should be brought as much in design again. I do think that the 6th Gen Camaro should use a revised modern version of the Red, White, Blue Camaro Bowtie Badge like the one pictured in this rendering. I just think having an emblem like that shows this is more than just a car its more than just any other car its the Camaro.