View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #159
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
It's a rendering... Most rendering are a little over the top. I'll take it with a a slightly higher roofline, like the 5th gens. And some mesh 20" wheels.
It's not just "a little over the top", it's WAY over the top. Look at your old car in your sig below those renderings... now imagine just what size those render wheels really are. They'd be what.. 30"? If that rendering were redrawn to correctly show practical wheel sizes and body dimensions it would hardly look anything like that. It's the comic book effect; like Japanese anime. Over-sized eyes, overly-dramatic views to give the illusion of "action"... all in the name of drama. It's just not real nor can it be.

I get that you want a more futuristic modern look; I'm hearing that from many others too. As a designer who would like to design a car that can actually be manufactured and pass safety tests, I simply can't do the drama look. I'm paying attention to reality and trying to come up with a design that can become a real car. Something a wide range of people would like to buy. Something that's exciting and fun yet can work as a daily driver.

Please feel free to post any other ideas though as it all helps to get an overall feel of where people are currently at in their thoughts and desires.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM