View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 12:01 AM   #5
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Just look at the response to the new Mustang....it is all over the place! Even in apex chases thread there is the same response from posters. His observation about the kids and the old vs. the new is somewhat telling, young people seem to gravitate towards the old model while the new model is more sophisticated. If you goal is trying to get young and entry level buyers the old one is for you, but if you are moving your goal upward the new one might work. This is a very difficult predicament for designers and car companies in general. Will the new Mustang be a hit? Only time will tell. I like it.....but its not a Camaro.

I love the 5th gen for what it is and it was a very modern concept with definite cues to the past however I would like to see some bulk taken out of it and I don't mean just weight. The whole look needs to be a little more streamlined yet not loose the muscle car look. Although the Camaro was really not a muscle car in the beginning it was a pony car. To me it was the family mans Corvette, the best of both worlds really. So if there are any cues from the vette I for one do not have a problem with it as long as it has its own identity. It doesn't need to be revolutionary but if it is and it looks good who cares? I do not care for the bloated look of some of the renders I have seen yet it seems a lot of people like them on this forum... so what do I know.
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote