View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #12
Bodywerks

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian559 View Post
Majority of those are automatics, which are way better for drag. Plus the gearing on a standard SS are better for drag racing. I have to shift into 4th gear while a standard SS does not. My 3rd gear is only good to 109-110 and I trap 116-117.

Yes, 'cam only' means the only internal mod I have is the cam. I have headers and CAI also, but my heads, intake manifold are stock and unproved.
What are you revving to? Before my head and cam job I was at the rev limiter right at 99-100mph in 3rd.
I understand your argument between ss/1le, but both cars well have to shift before they get to the finish line, so shift time loss is a given for both cars. And the guy I told you about that did 11's was an ls3(manual), so the automatic argument is invalid.
I'm sure you're biggest killer is tires and rear suspension - and of course shift technique. My biggest killer is the 1-2 shift. 2-3 is spot on so long as I get it right in, but 2nd, with its extra syncro, is very reluctant to slide in(before my trans fluid change to amsoil, anyway).
I've never missed a 3-4 shift, though, and it's so quick, I doubt an auto could do it much faster.
HSA delete, VMAX throttle body, CAI inc. Intake, PRC255 heads, BTR 660 springs, BTR cryo-treated rockers, PAT G 232/240 .654/.626 110+2, johnson 2110's, Manton 502 pushrods, C5R, Melling high volume/high pressure, Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley, Proform covers, Kooks stepped headers, catless mids, Doug Thorley exhaust. 512rwhp, 446rwtq on a mustang dyno, tuned by Cunningham motorsports.
Bodywerks is offline   Reply With Quote