View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 08:52 PM   #85
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
I am anxious to hear all about the chiller. Do you have provisions to keep it from dropping condensate? It looks like that box with the bov’s Is your intercooler? Is there another tank with the ac heat exchanger and some fluid storage?
Yes we have everything addressed on this. The majority of the lines are insulated, but you’ll still have some runoff. Drip trays are easy.

There is a lot of cooling going on, there are front mount heat exchangers to naturally shell the heat, there is a diverted valve plumbed into the CPU that bypasses the HX system below 75*, the air to water intercooler passing mid 40* air out of that box, upgraded twin intercooler bricks receiving the same chilled coolant inside the blower, and the chiller core itself that is tied to the AC. The only additional fluid is in the small fill port behind the ATW box. The statistical data we’ve achieved is incredible on this considering the amount of power and boost this is seeing, especially considering the timing is exceeding the boost at the top of the pull and it is fully automated, so I don’t have to flip a valve, push a button, or touch a thing aside from the pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
K, well hit me up when it's ready. I want to be one of the 1st to buy one and what is that black box/cooling system mounted onto the exchangers?
Which one? LOL. In front of the center hx and below are engine and trans coil coolers respectively. The triple fan unit is the same trans cooler I run on my 1000hp 427 3500 stall C7 which overheated driving around before it, and after it rides under 190* all day long. When I get the prototype A10 triple disc, I’ll need it!
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote