View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 05:34 PM   #64
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
(TO THE MODS: Since there isn't a category yet for concepts beyond 2016 I put this in here.)

I figure by now the 2016 Camaro is probably already designed. SOoo... just to start the new year off with a bang, here's my concept idea for 2020. However, now that I'm this far into it I realized it may actually work better as a Mustang. So I'd like to see what people think before I put anymore work into it.

Now before we get to the pictures I'll get the obvious reactions out of the way:

OMG IT LOOKS LIKE A VETTE!! A DODGE!! A FERRARI!! A MCLAREN!! A PINTO!! AN '83 BUICK!! MY TRUCK!!! Dude, WHAT were you THINKING!!???

Yes yes... I'm guilty. I deliberately designed it to look just like... a car...

Soooooo..... what do you guys (or gals) think? Does this style work as a Camaro or does it work better as a Mustang?

Camaro:
Attachment 587125
Attachment 587126

Mustang:
Attachment 587128
Attachment 587127

Here's the original concept side view drawing I started with:
Attachment 587129

With my previous 2016 concept I spent most of my time on the front and back and struggled with the side. This time I put most of my effort into the side and profile views. I took all the comments made in that previous concept thread and put them to use; more curves, more side detail, less square and boxy, etc. I also noticed a LOT of people really like the retro/heritage look so for this concept (at the moment anyways) I went with clearly identifiable styling elements for the front and back. I may change that up as I spend more time with it. This is a pure design with a fairly sophisticated styling on the sides. I didn't want anything frivolous but at the same time I didn't want it too plain.

This design concept seems to work better with bright colors I've noticed. The dark colors don't do so well on this shape.

Attachment 587130
Attachment 587131
Attachment 587132
Attachment 587135
Attachment 587133
Attachment 587134

The Camaro front is pure retro/heritage but that too may change:

Attachment 587136

I actually haven't put a lot of time into the front or back yet and there's detail and finishing work that needs to be done all over the place. This whole thing went from flat 2d drawing to what you see now in about 4 days; compare that to the 2 months it took me to get the 2016 concept together! Nothing like practice and knowing what you're doing!!

This design isn't "spacey" or gimmicky; it's intended to be a pure styling concept that's elegant, beautiful, classy and clean. If the consensus is this doesn't work as a Camaro, I'll make it a Mustang. I already have an idea for the front. If the majority like this as a Camaro, then too bad for the Ford crowd.

So whatchyall think?
Not a fan of any of these. Sorry.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote