View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #160
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
Also as far as the "face", I think a sports car coming up behind you looks like it might slip right past you and is so efficient you barely notice it passing. When a "muscle car" comes up behind you your first thought is that you are going to be eaten or sucked into the intake. Then when it passes, it should sound like you are riding a bicycle on the track during a Nascar race.

The Camaro, to some extent should look like it's overcoming its inefficient airflow, with brute force. I think having the headlights impacting the airflow rather than sliding under it is a key element as are large air-sucking openings.
Very good!!! Agreed. Of course the car shouldn't be made of squares and actually have huge drag, but I do feel the car should like substaintial and strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
I see where you're going, but the problem is the curves. Whether you like it or not, the 6thgen will be more edgy, I can pretty much guarantee that. Done right, I think it will look outstanding that way, without being 'too' trendy. The thing is, almost all production cars have to have a similar 'current' look, or most people won't want them.
If you want to render what they're going to release, you have to add some lines and creases that join compound curves. You can do this with your basic shape, you have the greenhouse mostly correct with the further laid back windshield and the slightly more curved top (from the side profile that is). Your exaggerated "reverse mohawk" (as people call it around here) is dead-on.
Again...right on.

I've actually been working on a photoshop of the TF4 bumblebee Camaro lol.

I think with some reworking it could actually look good. That doesn't mean I feel it should be the next gen car, but I want to show what a little change can do.