View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 06:02 PM   #21
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Kind of combing several issues here. One, who ever gets in there car and turns their phone OFF or anywhere for that matter. The newest iPhone also detects a crash and calls for help. Do you turn that off too?

As for OnStar being hacked to control your car? That was demonstrated quite a few years ago. Not sure it’s as easy as that demonstration today.

And I hope everyone knows that most OEMs have a certain level of connectivity. Here, everyone acts like it’s somehow GM and OnStar. It’s pretty much every new car. We have the ability now to evaluate data and predict maintenance and potential failures. Turning that off?
Since evaluating data is how Ford ended up with the Edsel, Pontiac came up with the Aztec, and Ford calculated it would cost less to pay out families of deceased victims rather than make a 10 cent adjustment to Pinto fuel tanks, I vomit at the use of “data”. Too many bean counting pinheads running large corporations and too few engineers just making solid, reliable, well built and long lasting products.

Kill the accountants and bean counters and then we’ll talk.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote