View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 03:23 AM   #23
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
So, Apple Carplay is supposed to support both projection via USB and via WiFi as of iOS 8.3. According to the statement from GM, the 2016 Camaro will only support CarPlay over USB.
My understanding here is that the platform running Carplay needs to support running it wireless. I have iOS 8.3 running Carplay through a current gen Pioneer Nex headunit and no wireless for me. To my knowledge none of the 2015 Pioneer's support running Carplay wireless. Maybe its an issue of timing. By 2016 more platforms will likely support it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
As nuts as this sounds, this announcement is really making me excited for the 6th gen. It's also kind of sad that I need to get excited over improvement of a head unit for a $30k+ car. That just goes to show how f***ing horrible MyLink and other solutions have been until now.

Hallelujah.
I am with you there, and as a graphic designer I am extremely critical of layout, legibility and appearance. Mylink in the 5th gens was incredibly generic looking. They are getting better though. The Mylink UI in the C7 Vette while not there yet, is worlds better than the version in the 13-15 Camaros.

Everything about Carplay looks and functions fantasic. It looks just like the phone. Android auto however looks generic to me.