View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #58
benanderson89

Drives: Kia GT
I don't think it has a dual nostril thing going on as someone mentioned - the strip in the middle of the camo is just to cover the Chevy badge. The 5th Gen is close to being one of the (if not most) iconic Camaro, so I'll quite happily place a bet that the 6th gen will be a subtle evolution rather than a majority overhaul.

The DRLs interest me the most, however. From what I can tell they're optional equipment in the USA. In the EU and UK, they're mandatory by law on all new models from the 2011MY onwards.

I hope, with LED strips being integrated into the bumper, that they are now standard equipment. This would point towards GM gearing the 6th Gen for Jolly Ol' England - hopefully in right hand drive to compete with the Mustang.

Hell, the new Mustang sold out of its 500 pre-order units (2/3rds of which were for the UK alone) in 30 seconds, and had confirmed pre-orders of just over 9000 (again, with something like 2/3rds going to the UK) in under 90 minutes.

GM would be stupid not to bring out a true Euro-Spec model with a 4-banger and RHD. They wouldn't be able to screw them together fast enough.

When do you think these cars will be revealed? Paris Auto Show in September? Or is that being a bit too optimistic?
benanderson89 is offline   Reply With Quote