View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #310
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Should the government play a role or any role for that matter in protecting us from ourselves? That's what most laws are intended to do.
So, you agree with them when they say you're too stupid to protect yourself from yourself...

Anyone that believes that is too stupid to vote.

Quote:
The ones that make it illegal for someone to break into your home and take your stuff we tend to like. The ones that influence what you can buy, not so much.
This is a bizarre argument.

First of all, breaking into a house to take things is theft. This is against the law. Restricting freedoms under the pretense of doing good things is called "regulation" it is often done in order to enrich donors or constituents, and is also theft, but since those who make and enforce the laws are the same people writing the regulations that are perpetrating this theft, there's nobody to hold them accountable.

The system is broken.

As for the topic title and subject, I can see reasons people would want a 4 cylinder Camaro, and I think the topic as such is silly and meant to provoke people who like those engines. I don't mind the offering of a 4 cyclinder camaro because it was done before in the 80's for basically the same reason and it was a disaster. I believe history will repeat itself and there's a good potential that it will self correct down the road. If it's not a disaster, then that's a good thing as long as we don't continue down this path to making the V8 Camaro the "elite only" version and the "masses" have to accept "change" and "live with" their harsh, expensive, noisy I-4.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote