View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 11:43 AM   #19
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Actually the stock trunk may make rub spots on its opening and I believe they put clear round tabs over the paint in two spots as just like a hood they can shift side to side ...( Hoods having bump stops with rubber pads to help on most hoods), anyway that's the best I can recall right now, once they had it looking tight they tried to please you and messed it up IMO...reusing clips and stuff are a way to insure they are cheap not the job done right, and yes you have a honey comb of plastic to absorb damage behind your rear bumper that has to in there; and everything right and tight with no damage to where they are mounted to make sure no one is just tweaking something somewhere to make it appear right when in actuality it bent something that should be made right IMO... If the trunk has bump stops on it I think they are towards the outside... And as you know the trunk lid should not really be rubbing the bumper....Good Luck.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...+pic&FORM=IGRE