Thread: GM Lowering Kit
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 09:51 PM   #6
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
I have the GM lowering kit. The bounce you describe is common with mismatched springs and shocks/struts, some kits use a progressive spring in the rear and don't match the shock curve well. Most people with the BMR springs tend to like them.

With that said, the GM kit, being factory engineered and tuned work as you would expect, same as stock behavior. Very well matched. Yes, it's stiffer, yes, you can feel it on the hard stuff, but 85% of the time it's no big deal. There's no bounce, good compression and rebound to the shocks. The way the SS should be from the factory.

Having driven a 1le the biggest difference I noted was the rebound. The MRC had it in spades over the non, but that's to be expected.

As for performance, most mags peg the 1LE at 1.05 on the 300 foot circle. On stock SS tires, stock alignment meant to save tires, BMR adjustable sway bars set at the softest, which I believe to still be stiffer than stock SS, how they compare to the 1LE I don't know. By the G meter on my HUD I've consistently pulled 1.03 which is about a .04 improvement over the stock SS. I think with better/wider tires I could match the 1LE. I just have the stiffer suspension 100% of the time.
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote