View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #88
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Whos doing the attacking?? I don't see attacking from the ones simply trying to point out why a T4 could be a good thing, or from those who try to point out that a T4 can actually be fun to drive.

Anyways...the comment is laughable at best. The point is making the Camaro "as good as it can be"....and your right. So WTH does adding a T4 to the line-up do to threaten that? I see absolutely no reason whatsoever why the next gen Camaro on Alpha with the LT1 V8 won't easily surpass the current car in performance...straight line and in the twisties. You seem to think that adding a 4-cylinder is somehow going to affect the performance of the V8 version....like GM is just going to somehow "water down" the name altogether.

"Well, they are adding a 4 cylinder. Guess Chevy just doesn't care about real enthusiasts anymore." Thats what you seem to be saying.
A 4 cylinder was on nobodies wish list for the 6th gen. Lighter, better interior, better handling, more power. That's what people asked for. Not better fuel efficiency.

Performance is what made this car such a great seller to begin with. It sure as hell wasn't fuel efficiency. So yeah, I'd like GM to listen to their customers and improve the performance of the car, not screw around trying to make a 4 cylinder pony car no one will want.

And don't make the other argument about CAFE. The fuel efficiency is averaged across the fleet. A marginally more efficient Camaro won't hold a candle to an Eco Cruze sale. So sell people who want fuel efficiency Eco Cruze's, and leave the Camaros alone. Both sets of customers will be much happier.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote