View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #7
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
I've had my Camaro serviced for various things at 3 different Houston area dealers so far.

Davis Chevrolet: oil changes and PDIM update. A bit slow on the oil changes and they couldn't figure out how to do the PDIM software update.

Champion Chevrolet (Hwy6 north of Sugar Land): PDIM software update. In and out with no problems at all.

Classic Chevrolet (Sugar Land): oil changes, recalls, transmission replacement, 15k service, noises from front suspension. No problems on the oil changes or transmission replacement. Never really fixed anything for the front suspension noise but said they reseated the bushings. My biggest gripe with them is their lack of completing all work on the service ticket. I brought my car in for the spoiler nut falling off issue and the HVAC software update last year and they failed to do that work once they couldn't figure out how to do the PDIM software update. Return trip needed when spoiler nuts fell off in the trunk lid a few months down the road. Also, just had them do their 15k service on my Camaro yesterday, which included checking the battery connections and applying something to prevent corrosion at the terminals, among other things. Told me they were all done so I opened my trunk (which was full of stuff) and nothing had been moved. Oops, the tech must of forgot to do the battery work. Jeez, what else did he "forget" to do as part of the service...

I think my best experience was at Champion Chevrolet on Hwy 6 so they will become my primary service department, even though they are out of my way to get to.