View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #131
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
Name:  IMG_2860_a_s.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  12.2 KB

Smell the return of the blue flame bitches! (Yes, that's an old school 'vette 6).

I thought the 5.5 litre was go, so I'm thinking it's bunk.

--but:

Everyone points out the HWY mpg for 'vettes, but their combined isn't so great.

Electric turbos, variable vane turbos, etc- very possible and easier to achieve some sort of economy vs sport mode that is meaningful. A 2800 lb car that gets 25/35 in 250hp economy mode, then you flip the switch and have 600lbs of torque- that's appealing.

No one really knows the weight of the supposed v6 and people have already declared it heavier. Who knows?

The new EPA rules are based heavily on wheelbase and track size so maybe GM is trying really hard to figure out some packaging. That's pure speculation-but I wouldn't doubt it.

If GM was coming out with a WOW engine that they want to showcase- what vehicle would be better to showcase it in?

The 'vette has always been the place for GM's premiere engines, those have been 8s, but that doesn't mean their most highly developed engine will always be the 8. What if GM develops a monster TTV6 and they can't put it in the 'vette. People would be screaming if something other than the 'vette had a more powerful engine.

It's a sports car not a muscle car, so performance is more mandatory than a v8.