View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #17
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Since it's all opinions, figured I'd give mine on the suggestions given so far... My responses are in red in the quotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
There a few things on the Camaro I would like to see improved for the sixth generation.

1) Move the darn Tach and Speedo down two inches so we can see them, and not have them blocked by the steering wheel. I can't believe this got put into production this way. Or you could just move your steering wheel up a little bit. I have no issues with the tach and speedo, though admittedly I leave the DIC on speed so I only look in the center for speed. Mine is a 1LS (manual) so I do look at the tach and I don't have issues.

2) Put calibration on the temp gauge - C and H just don't cut it. I can honestly say that's never even crossed my mind in the 1.5 years I've owned mine.

3) Move the other four 2LT gauges up where they can be seen. While I would think the 6th gen will have the gauges moved up anyway, you DO realize that they're located where they are for nostalgic reasons, right? Since the 5th gen was a modern interpretation of the '69 Camaro, the 4 pack gauges are in the center console for a reason... Since the 6th gen probably isn't going to be made as another modern retro of the 1st gen, I doubt the gauges would stay where they are.

6) Have the Driver Information Center dim with the rest of the guages. I'm positive that mine does...

7) Have independent user adjustable day and night brightness for the HUD, and make sure it dims down more at night. It's too bright for dark roads. I end up having to turn it off at night. Not being familiar with HUD, can't you dim it by turning the knob for the gauge cluster brightness? Sounds like it'd add a bunch of complexity with separate controls, electronics for it, etc...

8) Improve the trip computer (similar to what Ford did with the Mustang), where you have fuel economy, gallons used, time, distance, average speed. We already have average speed, a trip meter for distance, and average fuel economy. I guess having a running total of gallons used would be nice, but is it really a big deal?

9) Driver Information Center should have digital readouts for all the analog guages, such as volts, trans temp, oil pressure, oil temperature, and coolant temperature. In fact, there is probably room to put all of them on one screen. I don't see the point in cycling through, just to see one value at a time. Since I'm a tech nerd, I love this idea. I really love the AeroForce (I think?) Interceptor gauges because of its ability to read all the sensors.

10) Backup camera should have guide lines. It should also have better low light performance (I've seen a lot better). Would be nice, and should be easy to implement since it's readily available on other Chevrolet models.

13) Put some more body structure in the car, to get rid of the shake on some freeways and roads. I thought the 5th gen is pretty firm, that just sounds like added weight and cost.

14) HID or LED headlights standard, ala Mustang. Sure would be nice, but added cost built in standard then...

17) Cut the road noise, so the Bluetooth actually works. Add noise cancellation. Haven't had any issues with my bluetooth and I use it all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
21: Add splash guards front standard and optional rear from the dealer! Color matched too! YUCK, no thanks... a sports car should't come with mud flaps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by azw131 View Post
Cup holders should be set back or moved to a different location so you can shift and have a drink in the holder
I really agree with this - I've been driving a Corvette for the past few days and they have the cup holders located perfect compared to the shifter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
-should be able to customize start-up and background screens lol really? Why?
-slightly lower stock ride height Seriously? Look at the pic at the bottom of this post -- stock ride height 5th gen compared to my 1994 Camaro with 1.5" drop springs and the 5th gen still looks more "slammed" than the 94 Camaro does...
Name:  130416-IMG_20130416_171834.jpg
Views: 37332
Size:  207.6 KB

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote