View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 10:43 PM   #7
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
Is there any major benefit to welding versus clamping an axle-back exhaust system?

I plan on getting the MRT v2.0 system, and most of the install videos online show them clamping it together with the hardware from the manufacturer. A friend who's more experienced with car mods told me swears that you'll never get a good seal and you'll have exhaust leaks and more droning with a clamp as opposed to welding it. I want to clamp it in the off-chance that I'll want to re-install the original mufflers but if it makes the entire system faulty then I may as well go ahead and weld it together.

Second question: Has anyone dealt with Phastek before? I read on here that the cheapest place to get the system I want would be direct from the manufacturer. Phastek is currently selling MRTv2 for $80 less than ShopMRT. It seems kinda sketchy to me but anyone has used them with a good experience before I might as well go ahead and use them.
I am experiencing that issue now actually, will fix it tomorrow. I would prefer weld but when those mufflers go and it is time to replace then there will be an issue.My Cam upgraded LS3 puts out so much force it would always push back the Corsa, Magnaflow exhaust and now the Kooks custom mufflers I have on. The power, sound , and driveability changes when exhaust backs off and increase volume. With the welded custom system I had on the car always behaved in a consistent manner as far as power goes.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote