View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #73
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Which is still very open to interpretation. Test N tune night no problem, but all of a sudden a bracket race or Camaro shoot out is not covered. I think it's great that they stand by their products but that is still very much open to getting denied.
A Challenger owner told me (at GLD) that Dodge dealers check your wheel well for rubber and void your warranty if found. Chevy will let you play but there are limits. Racing means competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Which despite how much everyone here loves talking lap times, the drag strip is still the venue that most of these cars will see vs a road course
I would expect ZL1 drag racers to go A10 with the M6 being more for street or track. A 650 hp, 650 lb-ft M6 is at such a disadvantage at the drags that it would frustrate me to breaking. I know from my 13 ZL1 M6 that it was nearly impossible (for me as a novice) to master a good launch. Too easy into the throttle or blew off the stock tires.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 02-15-2018 at 01:22 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote