View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #12
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleZL1 View Post
Good installer is key and can save you a few dollars by eliminating wasted space when cutting the patterns in the film (edited: which I believe is what ChevyMan is referring to). Most people cant even tell I have a wrap at all. The kicker on these cars is the front end is quite tricky with all of the openings, angles and sharp edges. A good installer will film the chin splitter and even the black areas around the cooler and radiator openings; the ENTIRE front nose, headlights and all.

I did that, the entire hood, 1/4 fenders in the front, door cups and mirrors.
The only part that you can even see a line is the 1/4 fenders and you have to be at the right angle and the car be dirty to really even see that.

My installer used Suntek if my memory serves me. I am very happy with it. I wish I would have done the Apillars and maybe more on the fenders but...Ill roll the dice a little with what I have. My job was right at 1k.
Yes that is a very good price for that job. installers call it “using a PATTERN” … Expel uses as a pattern from the factory, it’s absolutely necessary you find an installer that uses one, because many installers will tell you the Camaro is one of the hardest cars to do on the front and due to the complex angles.

It’s best to shop around also, shady installers know that you are absolutely giddy when getting a new car and many will pay huge amounts to protect it to the best, so they will charge you an arm and a leg if they can get away with it. I was referred to An installer that was a friend of a friend, and we started comparing notes from me being also in the industry, and he was so proud of a job he did for a heart surgeon with a new Z06 , he was able to get $4500 for a just a front end job. he was absolutely tickled about it, needless to say, that was the last conversation we ever had.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote