View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 11:21 PM   #9
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I came across this video starring a Tech from Phastek stating that there is a difference of about 0.25” front and rear between Non-MRC and MRC.

The front makes since as the number of times I was looking at the 1LE front suspension, the spring seat looked to be higher up on the strut body than on Non-MRC struts.

https://youtu.be/99zn6dL85t0
I have a feeling a lot of installers are not re-indexing suspension bushings and not getting the correct suspension lower.

Looking at some SS MRC cars, their ride height looks to be the same as non-MRC, stock for stock. I can see the MRC front strut package being 0.20-0.25” taller just looking at pictures of the two struts side by side. GM likely compensates with a slightly shorter spring. The rears suspension uses the same upper spring insulator between MRC and non-MRC, but the lower insulator is different. Other than that there shouldn’t be anything to change ride height back there.

I’m thinking to drop by a local dealer and measure a MRC car and compare to my car. Also to see if the spring part numbers are different.

But the following two pictures lead me to believe between MRC and non-MRC, only the front is diffferent. Below, you’ll see two cars: an SS 1LE (MRC) and a SS (non-MRC), on the same wheel/tire package and same Eibach (SS; non-MRC) springs. The front on the 1LE sits a tad higher, but the rear looks exactly the same. The car owners are HOST1LE_gen6 and Cobden, respectively.
Attached Images

Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote