View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #18
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I think the dog was hanging out the window. The one picture shows the bullet hole and the window bent inwards. I'm not happy at all about police shooting dogs, it bothers me a lot but cops face a great number of unknowns. It's possible the cop was too aggressive but I always come back to the owner. The one who is responsible for the dog's safety. Leaving pets alone in a parked vehicle is just a super bad idea even just for a few minutes.

The owner's role in this doesn't make him a hero, yet I'm not sure how that wrinkle imparts clear knowledge of the overall situation or the contents of the van to the shooter.

here's what I know from the article:

1) possible kid toucher with a van. Now to me that means 'possible kid in the van'
2) when cop tried to look in van he was threatened by dog
3) cop shoots dog in the van

From the article I don't see how the cop knew what was in the van. Thanks to goodness there wasn't another occupant. Without his knowing what was in the van I must question the cop's judgement. And yes it is easy for me to do that from the safety of my chair. But police are expected to have good judgment in stress situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Yes...especially considering the police were looking for a van used to abduct children.....
I find this to be pivotal as well