View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 08:36 AM   #25
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
I just had an ATS Sedan 2.0L Turbo AWD for a week. I know everyone's cheering Al O saying that there won't be a 4 banger in the 6th gen (and as much as I respect Al, I really really really doubt there won't be a 2.0L Turbo in the 6th gen...), but everyone who drove the car couldn't believe it was "only" a turbo 4 banger in there - everyone was swearing up and down it had to be atleast the LFX v6. It takes off real strong like a rocket, and it's VERY nimble.

I know when the 5th gen was pre-production they were saying to look at the Cadillac CTS to see what to expect for the 5th gen... And now that we're getting close to the 6th gen, we're seeing history repeat - only this time we're looking at the Cadillac ATS for clues (which is why I'm thinking there's going to be a 2.0L Turbo in the 6th gen).
Just cause it's a good engine doesn't mean we'll see it in the sixth gen. The LGX could be even better and cheaper to produce. That other thread is confusing to the point where I don't know if Al O said no four cylinder or not. If he did say we aren't getting it, I would think we could take that to the bank.