View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #6
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by swm View Post
I'm pretty much all set to purchase the Camaro SS 1LE either during thanksgiving or xmas.

However I do have a couple of questions:

1. How long do the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 tires last? A full set costs close to $1400!

2. If I am going to be daily driving my 1LE (~50 miles a day), is there a different set of tires I can run?
I daily mine along with AutoX and the occasional track day. I got about 11k out of my first set of the OEM goodyears. I think thats about the max you should expect. I highly recommend getting an alignment as soon as you pick up the car or even negotiate it into the purchase. If you want to only daily the car then I would go ahead an look at something with a higher tread wear rating. Pilot Super Sports may be a better more street biased tire for you, but you will pay a big premium for the Michelin brand.

I would say buy the car and use up the OEM tires while you make your decision on what set to get next. No need in trying to sell the OEM tires you won't get much at all on the used market. Also you will have a good baseline and feel how those tires were specifically engineered to work with this car.

For me it was balanced well enough to justify just buying a new set of the OEM Goodyear Supercar 3's instead of forking out the money for a second set of wheels and tires to dedicate to the softer tires. If you are keeping the car for a long time it may make sense but for me the smarter decision was to keep the same tires.