View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #170
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
ah yes -- hideaway headlamps.

Now - before I go further: I LOVED hide-away headlamps on the 1st gens - as well as Corvette and Caprice (68, 69) and El Dorado (67 and 68) --

That said: has anyone EVER seen a 1st Gen Camaro where the headlamp doors align properly?

Also - it adds a ton of weight.

What IS true: lighting comes in several forms today -- does it HAVE to have doors? What about 'hidden' behind grille bars?

I see some good stuff here....but a word of caution: I want you to think about the weight issue. How important is it? Remember -- the car must remain 'refined' as the 5th gen in terms of everyday use - and it must earn a 5-star crash rating. I bring this up because if you look thru the thread - there are many "lose weight!" followed by "Cooled seats" ( +weight!) "Cimate Control" ( ++ weight) "Hideaway headllights" ( + weight!) "T-tops" (++++++++++++++++ weight!) etc.

Take some time and think it thru............we're listening.

(...but while our engineers are amazing, they haven't yet figured out how to change the rules of physics......they're workin' on it...........but...........)
Hmm good point about the weight. Guess we'll just have to fix that with Horsepower!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote