View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #26
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Isn't the ELR intended to be low volume since it's a luxury car? The Volt is doing better than it was but it's not exactly in Camry territory sales wise is it? I'm just saying it's hard to push economy car sales.
...and that's the rub. While our consumers can still have their cake and eat it too car wise about the choice of gasoline powered internal combustion engines , the crush won't occur until the GOV mandates it, or the manufacturers are forced into it. Hybrids and battery opp cars are the future. You know all this better than I Fen. I am just speaking out loud to the others. Look at the development of that technology and it's implementation. It's not a Buick gas engine retro-fitted into a diesel like back in the 80's. Estimates based on current development of North American energy supplies suggest we could be free from importing foreign energy by 2015 at the earliest. The potential exists. Wouldn't that be something! Plus long range batteries for vehicles will reduce in price soon. It's all about what time in history one grew up in and what their expectation is about performance going forward. I'm a hands in the bucket washing the shop floor off with gasoline guy <the best cleaner ever>....but I see the big picture. We have to go to alternative energy sources and reduce the carbon footprint. The Volt is a great car. GM has done alot of foreward thinking into alternative fuel sources.