View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 10:25 PM   #96
Z Boss
Camaro Addiction

Drives: 68SS81Z2887IROC97Z28SS,12ZL1,22ZLE
My personal experience: my wife who can handle a vehicle fast had a six speed 50th Anniversary Z06. She's always admired Mercedes Benz SL's so we looked at a supercharged AMG SL55 - no manual trannys. The salesman told us "once you drive this car with the paddle shifted automatic, you will never again think about a manually shifted car." He was correct as that car was a beast and the paddle shifted automatic was awesome. Now I'm a Camaro guy with 3 of my 5 generations with manual trannys - '68 SS 4 speed, 97 Z28 SS and the '12 ZL1, but that MB was unbelievable to drive quick. My sense is that the SL in sport mode shifted somewhat like what I perceive an F1 car is like. I would not have believed the manual was as fun or quick as a manual. I'm waiting for real reviews and maybe a test drive of the new A10 before deciding on my 6th gen Camaro. I really hope the A10 shifts lightning fast because that is what I will order. I'm not worried about hp increasing mods that may negatively affect a Camaro drivetrain. Chevrolet, Al O. and the engineers know what we do with these cars.

P.S. - she is now driving her second SL with an automatic - Night Edition SL500R
2012 Camaro ZL1 VIN #0004
ZL1, Ashen Grey, Black Leather, 6 speed, suede, exposed carbon fiber weave, gray stripe
Current Status: Cruisin' !!
3800 Produced: 1/27/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer: 4/27/2012
Z Boss is offline   Reply With Quote