View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
The LFX not accepting headers is a bit of a bummer in some ways, but in reality I feel the LFX is an all around better and more mature version of the LLT.

LFX already starts with a HP advantage as it is . By the time you throw on high flow cats on the LFX versus LT headers on the LLT your basically even, if not still slighly ahead with the LFX.

Now add in the ability of the LFX to be tuned easier, along with reliability changes that were likely made to keep the timing chain from going out early and what not and I'd gladly take the LFX over my LLT (as long as i can keep my color lol)

The LFX is going to be phased out over the next year or two for what we hear is a new V6 called the "LGX". Not much information out about this engine yet.

Ford has chosen to use the turbo 4 as a base engine, and it will not get a new designated name over the base V6. Based on what I've read, the V6 may only last another year or two in the Mustang before you see it gone for good....unless the V6 sells better than Ford predicts.

As for GM, honestly I'll be a little surprised if they don't offer a turbo 4 as well, but I expect to see this next gen V6 in the 6th gen Camaro. I have a feeling this next gen V6 will be a very advanced engine, with all the goodies the LFX has (direct injection, cam phasing) along with cylinder shutoff and other fuel saving technology. I'd love to see a 3.6 - 3.8 liter V6 with all of the above technology. You could get great highway MPG with the cylinder shutoff, but then still be able to push 340 - 350HP with a decent displacement. Thats more HP than the stock turbo 4 will make, but I don't see any way the V6 could match the turbo 4 on low end torque.