View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #12
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
As someone who honestly has no idea, do we know which version of "Alpha" Camaro will be utilizing?

I know it seems painfully obvious that the ATS' version will be the go to platform. However, since two do exist, the question should at least be asked at least once.

We all heard "Alpha" and assumed smaller. But how many consitered "Alpha" and same size? And even if this were the case, we all know the Alpha based car of even the same size would outpace and underweigh the current Zeta2 car by quite the margin.
You are exactly right...I don't think anyone knows, but if they do use the Alpha long wheel base version which the CTS uses well then it probably won't be as big of a weight loss as we might be hoping.

I believe the CTS weight starts in the mid 3,600 lb range and goes up from there, so that is still good seeing as that is a good 50 - 100 lbs lighter than a base Camaro V6. Take out the extra creature comforts and what not the Caddy has the Camaro won't and it could surely be less, but not the 3,400 or less lbs the ATS is running at.