View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #200
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I guess "alien" nails down the first impression I got from that Toyota (that takes that angular-hourglass shape that Lexus is so fond of and embellishes it further with overly aggressive panel shaping). It's not a positive impression, off-putting without being an absolute deal-breaker would be closer to it. I can think of one set of circumstances where I'd buy a car that looked like that, and it would be in spite of its styling rather than because of it.

No argument from me on those points. We recently replaced our "family sedan", and getting what we want in a car took both Ford and Chevy off the list before it even got started.

Norm
Yeah I get the same vibe from those kinds of designs. Why people want to be inside something that looks like this is beyond me.

Name:  Predator.jpeg
Views: 180
Size:  54.5 KB

When I first saw the FNR Concept, Alien was the first thing that popped into my mind. I find the fact that they spent time and money making this to actually be somewhat depressing.

Name:  FNR Concept.jpeg
Views: 183
Size:  46.3 KB
Name:  Alien.jpeg
Views: 185
Size:  37.6 KB

Give us something beautiful, elegant, classy... not something out of a horror movie.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote