View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 06:56 AM   #11
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritanium View Post
Wow those speed engineering headers seem really awesome for what I want. Its been a while since I've shopped for performance parts. Last I knew you were looking at close to 1k for any kind of long tubes. Is there anything I should know about those speed engineering headers? Also ideally I would actually like to keep the cats.
If you're looking to keep cats then I'd recommend going with Texas Speed, OBX, or Stainless Power. You'll end up spending near the same amount of money piecing together a setup with Speed Engineering to get cats, clamps that are worth a darn, O2 extenders, etc. as you would if you just went the next step up in price point. Texas Speed are basically ARH knock offs, OBX are Kooks knock offs, and Stainless Power are Stainless Works knock offs. As InFiD3ViL said, you'll get the lifetime warranty with companies like ARH, Kooks, and Stainless Works, but TS, OBX, SP will still warranty for a couple years. The primary difference is that the headers are made in China vs. America. You'll end up spending around $800 last that I checked for headers with cats, but if you need/want cats it's really not a bad route.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote