View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #91
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
I'm sorry, Doc, I know you have a lot of time and energy into your concept but I think the 2014 Camaro looks 100x better than what the members and you have come up with. I don't mean to be rude, but the front end on yours just looks like a huge air dam - a few openings, but flat and bulky. The sides and rear just looks like someone took sheet metal and forgot to stamp it, flat and boring. Reminds me of the newer Challenger - big straight sheet metal without any style.
Not being rude at all. You are proof of the two rules of automotive design that I've discovered. Rule #1: You can't please everybody. Rule #2: When you think you have a great design, see Rule #1.

I feel exactly the opposite of you; I think the 2014 is thick, bulky, uninspired and boring. What I did with my concept was clean up the lines, make them sharper and more precise, and is actually far more aerodynamic. I pulled inspiration from some very fast, time-honored designs like Ferrari and Porsche:

Ferrari F40:
Name:  ferrari_f40.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  132.3 KB
Ferrari 512M:
Name:  ferrari_512-m-1970_r13.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  172.0 KB
Porsche 917:
Name:  porsche_917.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  101.7 KB

I could round everything out on my design concept; remove some of the aerodynamics just to see what it would look like. Might be an interesting exercise.

Everybody has their own idea of what looks good and is in and of itself a fascinating study. Some people actually bought a Pontiac Aztek:

Name:  pontiac-Aztek-manu-02_HR_01-1024.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  161.4 KB

What looks good to people and why is (to me anyways) one of the amazing mysteries of life, but it also brings variety and keeps everything from looking the same.

Thanks for the feedback!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote