View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #630
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
No one has suggested that will happen. It's irrelevant.
Explain to me how it won't happen, assuming the new 4 will be base. How does a turbo-4, which will be more expensive than the V6, enter the lineup and not affect V6 and V8 pricing.....unless the 4 will be an extra cost option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
That's my thinking too. Aren't there plenty of good looking, 4 cylinder cars already? The Camaro doesn't need to be sold with a 4 cylinder unless the car maker just wants to charge extra for 6 or 8 cylinders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
As much as I want to see a V6 option in the next gen, if this was the base engine there would be no reason for the V6 then. Unless they made the V6 the base engine, and something like this as an optional engine (which wouldn't surprise me at all. I think Ford may go this route with the Mustang)
If they made the V6 the base engine for the same cost, and charged more for the more expensive 4, I would have no problem with offering the option.

Ford actually does this on multiple cars already, with the 2.0L Ecoboost being an extra cost option. Thing the worries me about the Camaro is GM has no precedent of offering such a thing. In every car where a 4-cyl or turbo-4 has entered the lineup, the V6 (if it even continued to be offered at all) became a premium option...more money this year for the same thing as last year.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote