View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 07:56 AM   #19
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Ok, I spoke to the Chief Engineer for Small Block. Some good news / bad news here....

GOOD NEWS:
When LT1 added Direct Injection, the hardening processes were added, so all small block V8s get the hardened valves, guides, and seats, so no risk of ethanol corrosion or pitting

BAD NEWS:
If you do not add the fuel sensor, you run a very high risk of mismatched air fuel calibration, leading to likely pre-detonation. I've noticed that most of you talking about using E85 are aware of the need to add the sensors.

MORE BAD NEWS:
The fuel pump in the LT1 does not have the capacity to manage the flow volume required to fully take advantage of E85. It requires more volume than gasoline or E10. His suggestion is to save the expense of the E85 sensor and just use octane boost. It will probably result in the same level of performance.

Hope that was helpful.
Yes! Interesting.

Thanks for the not running E85 tip without the sensor and tune. I was going to start using it to get my E85 concentration up when I add the sensor.

So cars picking up 30 RWHP with E85 could get more with more pump and stock injectors? If so would Prays car go 130?

E85 and the flexibility of the sensor/tune is more convenient than high octane gas and switching tunes IMO.