View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 08:20 PM   #11
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAmerican View Post
Yea, you can get it all within a 5k budget. What'll kill you is the labor (I just don't have the time to do it myself)

What do you mean by on the butt dyno? Sorry meant to get to your PM's I've just spaced it
butt dyno as in how does it feel? more responsive or is it mostly the Vitesse Controller...

Correct me if I'm wrong... but you're getting 453 torque and 416 hp on the dyno now?

It sounds like you are just in the process of installing the headers so I assume that dyno run was before the exhaust mod?

I was doing some calculations and was trying to achieve the same or greater torque to weight ratio as my current car ( in sig)

The Torque figure I need:

3900 / 8.53 = 457 tq ( wheel)

3900 / 9.90 = 393 hp ( wheel)
( already achieved from factory)

My current car is torque heavy, so any extra horsepower will be great for the track and icing on the cake...

I just want ensure I get that daily driver THRUST you get for lane changes that only torque can give you....

I think if I can get to these numbers without going to ZL1 $$$, I will stick to ordering a 1LE instead of a ZL1...

I keep hearing about heatsoak in the LT4 after the first couple laps...

Just curious if you could ballpark what parts and labour $$$ you think it would come out to to get at least those numbers.

I only ask since you're right in the middle of the process and are in Vegas. (I've heard it can be cheaper getting stuff done there....)

Last edited by aa406079; 03-03-2016 at 08:34 PM.
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote