View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #80
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
[/QUOTE]

Things "seen"...or not, as the case may be:

1) The square-ish bulge below the side mirror, the length of the doors, is a decoy overlay. As is the ridge above the door bottom cutline. The wrap between the two bulges is "straight" to prevent style lines from showing through...

2) The under-wrap "nose" is obviously "oversized" in width AND in upper height. Deception rules...as well for what "grille" may/may not be present...

3) Varying (and smaller) wheels-tires, to me, is a GREAT thing. 17-18-19s, with similar OD but varying Aspect Ratios, suggests a range of drivetrain variants altogether in one "presentation". Smaller-than-20s is a weight-saver as well as a ride-enhancer. Less unsprung weight is GOOD.

4) Lower roofline suggests smaller proportions throughout. Windows still have some overlay, so their specific sizes (and therefore outward visibility and "airiness") is still not known...

5) Rear roofline STILL heavily camo'd. I expect final aero to be something between Gen-5 Camaro and Gen-6 Mustang...

I think, overall as I suspected, if you look at the ATS Coupe and add an inch or two to the nose, you'll be VERY close to Overall Length. Width and Height will closely follow...Width being greater on the Camaro, but not by much...

Now, we should ALL be enthused. Added features, revised drivetrains, smaller size/weight (but Goldilocks-correct!)...and Alpha architecture: WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN!

I like what you're thinkin', GM!

BTW, M-59 runs from I-94 (east), through downtown Pontiac, and out to I-96 (west)...within a few miles north of MPG. The photos shown are of that western 4-lane area of M-59...virtually due north of MPG...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote