View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #140
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8 View Post
Actually you would be suprised at how many Corvette owners buy the wide body ZR1, ZO6 or GS kits from GM or aftermarket and install them on thier base model Corvettes. Go to the Corvette Forums and see for yourself. I have not seen many people rebadge them however they all do it for the same reason people do it on the Camaro. They like the looks of it. I owned a GS Vette and people still said it copied the ZO6. If that were the case, then the ZR1 also copied the ZO6. Aside from the fender vents they all basically look the same. I also owned a 09 CTS-V (wished I still had it) and I will say I didn't see many, if any imitations of it.

They Camaro speaks to a wide variety of people and with so many on the road there are going to be people mod them tastefully and not so tastefully. The bottom line is if you don't like the so called lower end Camaro stealing your ZL1 looks, you bought the wrong car. The more expensive a car is the less likely someone will be able to copy it. As has been stated, there are many "grocery getters" that cost as much or more than the ZL1. That being said I would like to trade you my SS even for your ZL1! LOL
I can't give her up like that, lol. Not until 7 years from now, atleast thats what I keep telling myself. I pray I dislike the 6th Gen for that very matter.