View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 08:25 PM   #279
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
everyone is listening. It's a great topic.

Re read everything BUT the headline. Nowhere is Al quoted as saying, "there will not be a 4 cylinder in the Camaro".

You are "interpreting", not reading more accurately, that he is saying that. All he said was, "I will fight for.....".

I agree, you can read that 2 ways. I am only asking that you realize it isn't his final decision regardless of what is in the article.

As I said, you may be right. There are a ton of people who hope you are.

Government pressures and a 32 MPG Mustang will make it be a heavy consideration. If he can get equal or better FE from a future V6 that no one knows about (i.e. Buick Show car from Detroit). It may not even be needed. Wouldn't that be cool.

The Mustang gets an EcoBoost 4 cylinder in part because Ford is leading the way with turbochargers putting a turbo in just about every vehicle they make, they don't have a high technology V6 like Chevrolet has to put in the Mustang. The question is will Chevrolet have a good reason to put a 4 cylinder in the Camaro, would it get significantly better mileage, would there be a market for it. A 350HP 4 cylinder with 350 ft/lb of torque that sounds like a superbike might appeal to some, especially if it gets over 32 MPG.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote