View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 09:12 PM   #8
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbillings View Post
I thought this was a must!! Is that legal for a dealership to reverse the recall or has gm changed there minds? I'd like to have my fob back to original. Didn't want the recall but wouldn't let me drive off the lot without the recall complete??
I bought the car at a dealer 200 miles away (20% off msrp Chevy 2014 year-end special deal plus another 3% in various discounts), it was delivered to me with the recall already done and registered in the Chevrolet DB for my new car's record showing the recall has been completed. This meets all recall requirements. And pulling up various reports shows recall is done (I double-checked two different sources).

I had the REVERSAL done by handing a local dealer key blanks and no paperwork was done. No billing. No record in computer.

I still have the separate recall keys and they are fully intact ... will be used if I ever return to a dealer or need back-up keys. The reversal was done at my own risk ... technically the service department would not even need to know what car the switchblade FOB belongs to - it could be for a Chevy Cruze for example (they can use the trace feature on the key cutter machine to cut the key blade blank without knowing the car model).
It was done for free.

As mentioned, in my case, the car has a manual transmission and I drive around with the seat way back for working the clutch, my knee never comes close to the FOB so not a safety issue.
Ron
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote