View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #294
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Was only pointing out to those that are implying the Camaro is and has been so awesome that you couldn't have a 4 cylinder engine in it. It has had a 4 cylinder and it has been a crappy performing car.

Allllllll I was saying is that if you put the 2.5L in the car it would likely perform better than the 82 POS powered Camaro.

Anything else you are pulling from my post is you jumping to an incorrect conclusion.

But lets just ask, since you seam to want this to be about government intervention in our lives and not just "why would anyone want a 4 cylinder in a Camaro".

At what point should the government not regulate our transportation? Should you be required to have lights to drive more safely and so others can see you? (FMVSS regulation) Should you have mirrors in order to safely opperate your vehicle and not damage others? (FMVSS regulation) Should you have brakes to safely stop and an acclerator that doesn't stick? (FMVSS regulations). Should you have the confidence that the Chinese should be able come here and sell whatever hooptie mobile they want with disregard to basic automotive safety? Or should it just be a blanking free for all and you can drive whatever the hell you want because it's a free market? How about loads on big trucks? Should they be required to meet certain safety regulations so you can be safe? (Gov. Regs). Should there be a speed limit?

Where is that line?

And don't jump to conclusions on my post, just comment on if truly believe it should be a wild west free for all on the roads.
Ok I'll give it a shot. We need Govt. regulation for safety and basic road laws. You are correct and I will concede this. But Govt works for us, they shouldn't work for themselves or for special interests. There shouldn't be regulations designed to force my behavior to support their monetary gain. For instance, a certain Missouri Politician shouldn't push to give stimulus money to windmill companies when his son owns one. Al (Jazeera) Gore shouldn't be able to force cap and trade legislation when he owns a company that stands to make quite a fortune from it. Legislation shouldn't force all cars to be the same, or most people to have to drive "Le Govt. econo car"

this thread started about 4 cylinder Camaros, and we all have opinions on it. Yours are valid but so are mine. You prefer a small energy efficient Kia type entry level Camaro, some on here prefer a Honda accord or nissan Altima style SS. I prefer the reason I bought this car in the first place.

GM and the Govt. will do what they do. You are correct-- they had a 4 cylinder Camaro and they had underperforming weak sister V8s. They also discontinued the Camaro, and they went bankrupt. When they advertised the iron duke, they (like now ). Praised the 4cylinder engine. They didn't say " this will be a piece of crap for entry level sales purposes." If they choose to do what many here seem to advocate; making the entry level car an econo box and the SS a Honda accord I will not buy GM, much less Chevy. (And I love Chevy's)

So to conclude, the Govt. can make and should make regulations, but not onerous ones or self serving ones or unnecessary ones.