View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #288
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Performance started taking a hit around 1971, when emission standards was increased and low lead fuel was introduced. After that is when they started to make standards for MPG. The problem we had was the lack of technology to keep up. We have come a long way since then, and far surpassed the performance levels prior to the new standards due mainly through new technology.

Also my moving to Florida had nothing to do with lack of state taxes, at the time I didn't even know about the tax thing here.
You mean the emission standard change didn't help performance? Gee Wally, I thought you said ALL change was for the better? You are argumentative for its own sake, you own a bunch of muscle cars and brag about your means to own them but argue for the Camaro to be changed into a 4 cylinder econobox because all change is good.

Your statements are not to be believed, if they were--my father in law dying of cancer and my mother dying of a heart attack in the same year must have been a fantastic change. I'm sure all the people who lost money when Lehman crashed or my fellow soldiers who were maimed last year from rocket attacks and IEDs are thinking how awesome it is that their having legs thing changed.

I DO remember the '70s. I am NOT a hippie nor do I expect things for free. The discussion was about 4 cylinder Camaros. This is a Camaro forum, I would have never thought you'd find so many Camaro fans who attack those who like V8 engines, and advocate for govt. regulation to turn muscle cars into econo green low displacement hamster engined smart cars. But I guess thats a change too.

If we embrace and accept every change for the worse, nothing will ever improve and we will doom ourselves to a permanent downward spiral.